Monday, October 29, 2012

Snow.


On Saturday, I opened my window to see snow falling to the ground. I don't know about you, but for me there is something about that first snow fall. I get so excited. SNOW!!!! I just stood at the window watching it. It was so pretty. Then I went down stairs to find Rachel, the daughter of the family I'm living with, made blueberry pancakes. YES! It was truly a good morning. I don't know if it could get any better. I sat in the kitchen eating blueberry pancakes, drinking coffee, and watching the snow fall. It was just freezing outside so the snow wasn't sticking at the ground too much, but after a full day of snow (yes, it never stopped snowing all day looooong!) the ground was covered. And it stuck around for a few days. Most roofs still have a little snow cover.

After breakfast I started my weekly chores. Once I finished I saw it was still snowing and I was feeling a little anxious to get outside and be in the snow. So, I decided I would go for a run. It was a peaceful, muddy, snowy run. There was not many people in the park because of the weather so I decided I was going to break polish culture and say hello to people I passed. I decided since we were both out braving the weather it was occasion enough to say hello. I only passed one man.  When our path's crossed I excitedly said 'Dzien Dobry!' He being caught off guard, spurted out Dzien Dobry quickly. I chuckled to myself. It was a good run in the snowy weather.

Saturday night Rachel and I ventured out into the snowy, and very windy city to see a P.I.W.O light show on the tallest building in Wroclaw, called the sky tower. Basically they put lights in each window and create a light show that coordinates with music. It really neat. check it out here. We then came back home and made hot chocolate, real from scratch, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows from the states (they don't really have marshmallows like in the states). It was a good day.

For me winter weather and shorter days means that knitting season is now in full gear. :) haha. But really, I'm working on a cute headband/ear warmers. And I have official taught and excited Rachel about knitting as well. She is now working on her own scarf. Today we joked about having our own knitting club.

Today, I took a nice walk home from the store, and as I walked I was just thinking how blessed I am to be where I am. And I'm so thankful that God has put me here and thankful for all he has done for me and in my life. I'm pretty darn blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment