Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Small challenges.


I would like to apologize because I feel like I have not been too faithful at updating this, so I pledge to be a better blogger! I would like to share with you some of my small challenges this past week. They may be challenging but its all in the attitude towards the situation. And most of the time...usually...I laugh (when my stomach is full and I have slept).

1. The family I am staying with left for a weeks vacation. So I decided to do some laundry. I sorted my clothes like my mom taught me and washed my darks. It was a success. Then I moved onto my whites, which I usually wash with a few of my light colored tank tops as well. The colors never bleed together before so without a thought I threw them into the washer. Two hours later when I opened the washer (yes, a cycle is 2 hours long), I was surprised to see that my nice new white shirt was now a light blue color. Now my wardrobe has a little more blue in it.

2. I like to cook. And sometimes bake. Well, we were out of bread so I thought I would try to make some. I don't really know why I even try anymore because I have never been successful unless it is banana bread or friendship bread. But I am talking bread for a sandwich or toast. Well, I tried. I let the bread rise and then I baked. It all looked well until I cut in and it was still gooey. I put it back into the oven, but 15 minutes later it was still just as gooey. I then walked to the store to buy some bread. (Pat Brown must teach me her ways)

3. I got lost. To most this is not a surprise. I have no internal compass. To my defense I did know how to get back home at all times. I just didn't know how to get to where I needed to be. But I think I spent a good 2 hours trying to make it to the meeting and finally decided the meeting would be over by the time I got there so I gave up. But I was able to see some more of the city and I now know how to get to the zoo. Thankfully the sun was shinning and the weather was nice.

4. Last week one of my classes was very......talkative. They did not want to listen to me one bit and thought it would be fun to throw little clay balls at each other. I picked up all the clay, moved kids around, and still chatter. It was a very difficult lesson for me. I told a women at the school and the classes teacher was also notified. Well, she had a nice talk with the kids because when they walked into class this week they all said hello to me. And whenever someone was talking out of turn the others were quick to 'shhh' them. I am not sure what the teacher said, but it worked, and the difference made me chuckle. The power of speaking the same language.

So, cheers to life and it's many challenges and adventures. May we always find a light in our challenges and see how God is working through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment