Saturday, May 11, 2013

where did the time go?

Ok, now seriously...wasn't it just september and I was just unpacking my bags? Where did the time go? I feel like I just got here and now I'm packing my bags to head home. wow, how time flies. My flight leaves monday afternoon, and I arrive home late monday night. And the past few months I have gotten so busy that I have not blogged. My friend, Hannah, reminded me that people are still looking at this and I should update it. And now since it has been so long...I don't know where to begin.

So I will start with the current time and my thought is it add more stories and such when I get home and have more time (hopefully). So, stay tune.

I am in my last few days here and I can hardly believe it. The past few days have been filled with many goodbyes. I had a goodbye party on friday night with some friends and it was so nice to sit and chat with each one. Also on friday, one of my classes threw me a little surprise going away party (also a good excuse for them to get out of school work!). Since I am friends with many of them on facebook one of the girls decided to go through all my pictures and find the most embarrassing or goofy pictures of me and made a slide show for the whole class. They thought they were pretty clever and had a few good laughs....as did I. We played games and of course ate food. Here is a picture of some of the boys playing a goofy game. This class with their high energy and teenage characteristics was one of my most challenging classes, the only one I had to call for the principle's reinforcements one day, so you can imagine my surprise when they were so sad to see me go. As they walked out the door I gave the girls hugs and shook all the boys hands, which the boys throughly enjoyed. It was a wonderful way to end my time at Arka. Thank you 6th class!


Leaving Poland is bittersweet for me. I am so excited to see and spend time with my family. I cannot wait to spend the whole day with my nephew, Bennett, while his parents are at work. I'm a selfish auntie. I will soon my smothered by my brothers and father wanted to wrestle and be goofy. And I will enjoy time talking with my sister (Carly is off touring europe) and mom. I have missed my family dearly. I'm excited to see my wonderful friends again too, and celebrate so many weddings this summer. It will be a filled summer. But, I will miss all my polish friends and the kids I have worked with. Thankfully there is facebook, emailing, and skype so those relationships can continue. But I will miss them as well. Poland and the people have been so good to me.

Now you are caught up a little bit, I am off to finish my packing. Some how I must fill it all in my suitcase. Yikes. 50 lbs limit is no fun. Next post will be written in the minnesota sunshine (hopefully no snow...right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment